Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Start of Something New

Well, what can I say? I'm starting this blog because it sounds like a great place to share ideas. I've never been much of a social media user, but I guess this is better than facebook or twitter. It's also better than studying, which is what I'm supposed to be doing right now.


So here it is, my new blog...carefully named after my future sugar glider. Seriously, I have put quite a bit of time and effort into crafting what I consider the perfect name. Oswaego (os-way-go), or Swae for short. Tell me if you think I'm wrong, but doesn't it have all the elements needed for the perfect name? The way it sounds, the way it's spelled, and the story behind it are all top-notch. Heck, even the amount of syllables is ideal. And it can be shortened for a nickname, which I consider a requirement with my names.

 This is a sugar glider, which are known for their
awesomeness...

...and cuteness...

 ...and ability to FLY!

Did I say fly? I meant glide, but it's SO close to flying!

This is going to be fun, but I must warn you. I do not plan to censor much, if any, what is said here. By all means, there will eventually be some R-rated material on here, but I'll make sure that if it's R, then it will at least deserve it. It won't be one of those Die Hard 5, super soft R type of things. Sometimes my posts will be funny, while other times they might not be. And I won't always have jokes built into my picture captions, even though I love it when people do that.

One last thing before I finish this first post and start studying for my test tomorrow. I figure that if I'm going to do the whole "blog" thing, then I might as well do it right. I might as well go all out with it. So here is what I'm proposing. For quite a while now, I have been amassing a collection of funny pictures that I find while browsing the internet. I do not own these images, and am not sure exactly how legal it is to share them. But I want to anyway, so I will. Of course I will try to give the proper credit when I can, but that won't be possible a lot of the time. So anyway, my "gimmick" will be to post a funny picture with every post. Sometimes I may just post a picture and nothing else. But I'll try to do that a lot. Because I have a ton of them. And some are very funny and (in)appropriate. I'll let you determine if the parentheses are needed.

I leave you with these words of wisdom:


No comments:

Post a Comment