Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jurassic Park IV Has A Director

Jurassic Park is my favorite film of all time, so I tend to pay attention to any news involving the upcoming fourth installment in the franchise. As it was recently announced, a guy named Colin Trevorrow will direct JPIV.

JPIV has some big shoes to fill.

Trevorrow most recently directed his first movie, titled Safety Not Guaranteed, which was a smaller indie film. I have had it in my IMDb watchlist for a while now, but it just moved up to the top of the list. The reviews of Safety have been mostly positive, so that at least leaves me a little comforted to know Trevorrow at least has something under his belt. I'm still not convinced that someone as green as Trevorrow should be directing JPIV, but I also haven't seen any of his work. So until I watch Safety  (which is happening very soon), I will withhold judgement on whether he is the right man for the job. Of course, Spielberg will still be producing this, and the script was supposedly written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes). So those aspects of this movie should be fine, but the movie is set to be released in June 2014. That's barely over a year away, and we hardly know anything at this point. One final interesting tidbit is that Universal has supposedly reserved a studio in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for filming to begin in April. That's rapidly approaching, so hopefully casting info will start coming to light soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment